The Appleby family had a dream to own and work on a cruising vessel in New Zealand, so in 1996 the dream began. Along with their daughter Vicky they developed cruises that focused on their passion — cruising Kiwi style!
In the beginning we were doing shorter cruises in the Marlborough Sounds and 7-day cruises in Fiordland, paying attention to mainly fishing and diving charters. We soon realised that these 2 amazing areas had much more to offer — scenery, isolation and relaxation — and that the vessel was suited to couples, friends, and single women and men who wanted to experience these areas.
So new cruises were designed, and Stewart Island was added to the locations that we cruise.
In designing our itineraries, we had to keep in mind what our passengers (who often turn into friends) wanted:
- Interesting and flexible itineraries.
- Special requests to visit areas of importance to them.
- Not to rush around, but to sit back and take in the atmosphere.
- Good Kiwi food like mum used to make.
We feel that we have all the above and more on our cruises, and are proud to say it. So if you have always wanted to explore these places but never knew how to before, what are you waiting for?
Experience your dream with us!
About the Vessel
The vessel Affinity was purpose-built in Picton by Carey’s Boatyard for the type of cruising that she does. Affinity has 8 guest cabins, a comfortable lounge for dining and relaxing, and a spacious deck.
- Accommodation is onboard the vessel in 8 cabins (twin share — bed and bunk or double bed).
- If you are a sole passenger and require a cabin to yourself, our single supplement is available.
- All cruises are fully catered and all linen is supplied.
- 3 bathrooms facilities on the main deck — separate ladie's and men’s — with a good supply of hot water.
- Air conditioning for summer and central heating for winter.
- Spacious vessel both inside and out, including a comfortable lounge area.
- Lots of interesting books to read, as well as a few board games.
- Easy access both on and off the vessel, with platform steps at the stern of the vessel.
- 4-metre inflatable tender for shore excursions and for use when divers are in the water.
- Use of gumboots for on deck and going ashore.
- First aid certificates held by crew members, plus an oxygen cylinder onboard.
- Vessel complies with all safety regulations and holds all appropriate licences.