From Preservation Inlet to Doubtful Sound
Highlights of this Amazing, Isolated, Rugged Area
(unlike our scenic cruises there will be limited time ashore on this cruise)
- Helicopter flight to the vessel from Te Anau. This is a helicopter flight like none other, fly over breath taking snow-capped mountains and spectacular terrain. The perfect way to start a once in a lifetime holiday in our own piece of paradise.
- Learn the history of the thriving gold-mining town and sawmills of this region from the 1890’s and visit the Historic remains at Tarawera Silver mine smelter. Like many of the area’s landmarks, this is only accessible by boat
- Walk through beautiful remote native rainforest that has never been cleared, it is still in its original state as it was before man stepped foot on the land
- Fish for grouper and other big species in the bountiful waterways of this pristine area and your fresh fish will be cooked for dinner.
- Walk to the most South-Western Lighthouse in NZ at Puysegur Point. The lighthouse was the last manned lighthouse in New Zealand, only becoming automated in the last few years
- View clear skies like you’ve never seen before, with an abundance of stars
- Discovering the raw dramatic beauty of Fiordland’s coast as you travel north to Doubtful Sound where you may also see Mollymawks and Albatross. Cruising partway into the arms for sheltered overnight anchorage. Few people get to see this remote part of New Zealand
- 3–8 Aug 2021 (5 nights)
Coastal Cruise incl heli flight into the fiords
$3,500 per person — 3 cabins available