An Express Adventure into Dusky and Doubtful Sounds
Experience scenery like nowhere else in this largely uninhabited world
Due to the early departure and late return times of our Fiordland Cruises we recommend you overnight for one night before and one night after your cruise in Te Anau.
- Take in the amazing views as you fly by helicopter over the snow-capped mountains and spectacular terrain to the vessel from Te Anau into Breaksea Sound. This is a flight like none other
- Travel in the path of Captain James Cook and learn all about the rich and fascinating history of his early voyages to this remote part of New Zealand
- Visit historic sites such as: the first European house site, first recorded shipwreck in New Zealand and where the first vessel was built by Europeans in 1795
- Visit Astronomers Point where Captain Cooks Astronomer cleared the trees and recorded a transit of Venus at his first landing in Fiordland
- Walk through beautiful remote native rainforest that has never been cleared, it is still in its original state as it was before man stepped foot on the land
- Get up close to stunning roaring waterfalls as they cascade down steep, sheer cliffs
- Fish for grouper and other big species in the bountiful waterways of this pristine area
- We often have the extreme privilege of sighting whales in their natural habitat and playful bottlenose dolphins often join in for a race with the ship’s bow
- Discover the raw dramatic beauty of Fiordland’s coast as you travel north to Doubtful Sound where you may also see Mollymawks and Albatross. Few people get to see this remote part of New Zealand
All walks are optional, you may wish to stay on board and relax, there may be a shorter walk option that would suit you better. Please understand you are responsible for your own safety and actions during these unguided walks.