Easter Weekend Getaway!
Cruise Queen Charlotte, Kenepuru and Pelorus Sounds including d’Urville Island and French Pass.
Departs from Picton, Returns to Havelock
- Visit Motuara Island – a bird Sanctuary Island where Robins, Tuis, Kiwis, Bellbirds and Kakariki live. Hear the birdsong and look out for the rare South Island Saddleback as you walk along.
- Go ashore at Ship Cove where English explorer Captain James Cook made his home in the early 1770’s. Here you will find information panels explaining early Maori occupation and a monument to honour Captain Cook.
- Walk sections of the award-winning Queen Charlotte Track, which features regenerated native bush with Giant Rimu, Nikau, Beech trees and tree ferns.
- Hear the story of the Russian cruise liner ‘Mikhail Lermontov’ and see the area where she now lies at the bottom of the sea.
- Visit a salmon farm where the process of salmon farming will be explained
- Visit a King Shag colony. King Shag can only be found in this remote part of New Zealand.
- Visit d’Urville Island and indulge in a delicious dinner at The Wilderness Resort Café.
- Cast your rod and try your luck at catching a Blue Cod, Grouper and other species in the waters of this pristine area. There’s nothing like eating fresh fish caught by your own hands.
- Experience the beauty and tranquillity of the Marlborough Sounds as we leisurely cruise through the hidden bays and coves of the Sounds.
All walks are optional, you may wish to stay on board and relax, there may be a shorter walk option that would suit you better. Please understand you are responsible for your own safety and actions during these unguided walks.