One night is not enough!
Cruise and Explore Queen Charlotte Sound
Departs from and returns to Picton
- A visit to Motuara Island Bird Sanctuary where Robins, Tuis, Kiwis, Bellbirds and Kakariki live. Hear the birdsong and look out for the rare South Island Saddleback as you walk along.
- Visit Ship Cove where English explorer Captain James Cook made his home in the early 1770’s. Here you will find information panels explaining early Maori and European occupation and a monument to honour Captain Cook.
- Visit a salmon farm where the process of salmon aquaculture will be explained.
- Experience the beauty and tranquillity of the Marlborough Sounds as we leisurely cruise through the hidden bays and coves of the Sounds.
- Enjoy a spot of fishing in the tranquil waters.
- Swim in the clean clear waters of the Marlborough Sounds.
- Walk on the beautiful beaches.
All walks are optional, you may wish to stay on board and relax, there may be a shorter walk option that would suit you better. Please understand you are responsible for your own safety and actions during these unguided walks.
- 29–31 Oct 2020 (2 nights)
Scenic Cruise – because 1 night is not enough!
WELCOME BACK price $850 per person - was $1,100 per person — Currently on hold for private group. Contact our office.