Being aboard the Affinity meant we could leave the rest of the world behind, become “at one” with this amazing part of New Zealand. The wonderful care given to us by the crew allowed us to enjoy our journey to the full.
We loved our time ashore, our history lessons, fresh muffins and delicious meals. The Affinity is a beautiful boat, it was a treat and a privilege to be aboard. The crew worked non-stop to make this the best cruise ever!!
Cruise Stewart Island
during the month of May
Cruising Stewart Island for 5 nights and 6 days.
Our cruises at Stewart Island offer something for everyone.
There’s walks to isolated beaches, amazing sea birds, lots of history to hear about, visit Ulva Island bird sanctuary with a local guide pointing out a wide range of fauna and flora as well as a wide range of bird life. You will also get to meet some of the locals and find out what it’s really like living on the island………And the fishing is fantastic too!
Your Stewart Island Cruise experience starts from your overnight accommodation in Invercargill when a local coach operator will collect you and bring you to the ferry terminal at Bluff, where you board the ferry to cross Foveaux Strait and meet up with the Affinity and her crew in Half Moon Bay, Stewart Island for a cruise that will leave you with a life time of memories.
5 Night Scenic Stewart Island Step back in time to a slower pace of life and unwind.
Cruise includes an hour and half guided bus tour of the Island, hear about Island life from the local guide.
- Explore the rock pools and walk the coastal track around Paterson Inlet.
- Scenic walk to Ackers Point, Half Moon Bay, visit an original old settlers’ cottage.
- Fish for Stewart Island “Blue Cod”, while surrounded by the large Mollymawk seabirds.
- Visit an old whaler’s repair base which was used by Norwegian Antarctic Whalers
- Ulva Island Bird Sanctuary – hear the birdsong of Tuis, Bellbirds, Robins, Kakas, Keas and the rare South Island Saddleback. Enjoy a three hour guided tour of Ulva Island with a local guide.
- Enjoy a beer or wine at New Zealand’s Southernmost Hotel.